Trip back from RomFest 2012

Last week I shared some pictures from RomFest 2012, where I was able to spend a few days talking romance with readers and authors. Last week my hubby and I took a slow trip from eastern Tennessee back to western New York. I thought I'd share a few more pictures with you.

We stayed at a campground in Pigeon Forge, not far from where all the action is. While I was at the Glenstone Lodge in Gatlinburg, Hubby learned his way around the back roads and checked out the Titanic museum and did a little shopping. There was an Old Mill that houses a restaurant and a store. And was a popular subject for photographs.


The campground bordered Patriot Park.There was a walking trail around the park and while enjoying the campground and the green space in the park, it was hard to believe how close we were to traffic packed highways and a crowded shopping area.


In keeping with the patriot theme, there was a patriot missile on display.


And a rendering of the Liberty Bell.


We had a very uneventful trip back. After the trip from hell last year, that was a real relief. On our way back home, we stayed at a rustic campground in the Shenandoah Valley.


I didn't shriek like a little girl when a fat black snake slithered by me. No, I didn't get a picture of it. I was too busy catching my breath. This campground had a unique way of dealing with the inevitable bugs that plague campgrounds in the middle of the forest. A flock of chickens peck their way through the bushes and campground, feeding off the insects.

I'm back home again now, dreading going back to the edj, and looking forward to digging into my current work-in-progress.

Hard to believe after looking forward to it for so long, my vacation's over! So anyone else taking a trip this year?

Natasha
Plaything - available now
Silken Canvas - coming Dec 25th
www.natashamoore.com


No comments: